How long can patients live with Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease? What is the life expectancy of patients with stage 3 kidney disease? Since patients' illness condition changes from person to person, their prognosis and lifespan must be quite different. Today, you can learn how to prolong these patients' life expectancy here.
The life expectancy of Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease
According to clinical survey, some patients with Stage 3 CKD stay in this stage for about 20 years, while some other patients have kidney failure only within one or two years and then they are faced by various life-threatening complications. From this point, it is hard to give out the exact lifespan for patients with this stage kidney disease.
What affects Stage 3 CKD patients' prognosis?
In stage 3 kidney disease, patients' glomerular filtration rate (GFR) ranges from 30 to 59 ml/min. When GFR is lower than 50 ml/min, patients will suffer from a series of symptoms and complications such as high blood pressure, fluid retention, proteinuria, and so on. All of these problems will speed the progress of kidney disease. The following factors affect stage 3 kidney disease patients' life expectancy. They are:
- Kidney disease symptoms and complications
- Diet plan and lifestyle
- Medication and treatment option
How to prolong Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease patients' life expectancy?
Based on the above analysis, four methods can help achieve this goal.
1. Develop a scientific diet plan: Basic dietary requirements for these patients are low protein and low sodium. According to patients' illness condition, they may also need to limit potassium, phosphorus and fluid intake.
2. Live a healthy lifestyle: Stop alcohol, smoking and strenuous exercise, and do gentle exercise regularly. All of these can help manage patients' complications and slow down the progression of kidney disease.
3. Manage symptoms and complications actively: Generally, correct diet plans and medications can help control patients' symptoms and complications effectively. Consult the doctor to determine what medicines you can take.
4. Repair damaged kidney cells: At present, some therapies such as Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, Immunotherapy and Stem Cell Therapy can help repair damaged kidney cells and rebuild kidney structure effectively.
As long as patients' kidney disease can stay in stage 3 or even be reversed, they can live just like normal people. That's to say, their life expectancy is prolonged successfully. To learn more about the above methods, you can consult the doctor online or leave a message below.
If you have been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease, we're here to help. Call us: Viber/Whatsapp:+8618233197080 or Skype:live:kidneyservice or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org(Monday through Sunday) to make an appointment. Or you can make a vedio consultation and get second opinion from live doctor!