Renal Cortical Cyst develops in the outside region of the kidneys. Knowing its symptoms and treatment help control the cysts well.
Renal Cortical Cyst
Renal cortical cyst refers to the sacs that root in the outside region of the kidneys. They become more common as one grows older and usually grow to 10-15 centimeters or more. They can be found and located through an ultrasound. Good news is proper treatment and lifestyle changes help control the cyst and lead to a benign prognosis.
It's believed that renal cortical cysts arise from tubular or lymphatic obstruction. The incidence of renal cysts increases with age occurring rarely in neonates and the pediatric group, to over 50% in those over age 50. As Kidney Cysts develops, some symptoms may come to light.
- Large Mass. Large cortical cysts can show up as a palpable flank mass.
- Frequent urination. As kidney cyst may affect the renal tubule function, it may cause frequent urination.
- Pain. Symptoms of a renal cortical cyst include pain in your back and abdomen and along your side between your ribs and hip;
- Bloody or dark urine; it is also known as Hematuria.
- High Blood Pressure. High Blood Pressure is another symptom of cortical cyst, which tends to occur as cyst enlarges enough.
If you experiencing any of these symptoms, speak to your physician, who can examine you and order tests that can detect renal cysts.
- no treatment. If your cortical cyst is smaller than 3cm, and cause no symptoms, your doctor may let it be and just ask you to follow up with additional monitor.
- Surgery. If your renal cortical cyst are dangerous, your doctor may recommend surgery. Using a needles, the surgeon can insert it to the cyst and removing the fluid and replaces it with alcohol.
- Herbs. Herbs are applied to kidney cyst for some specific herbal can shrink cyst and improve kidney function naturally. No matter how large or small the cyst is, herbal treatment are available, but the herbs supply may differ as different condition.
In addition, you are suggested to change a healthier lifestyle. Quit smoking and drinking. Take low-diet diet. You can ask a suggestion list of lifestyle changes from your doctor or contacting us.