Parapelvic Cyst is disease in which cyst develops in the kidney sinus or kidney pelvis. Read on and find the overview of parapelvic cysts, including its types, symptoms, complications and treatment.
Parapelvic cyst can be divided into two types: simple renal cysts and lymph vessels cysts. Simple renal cysts usually derive from the renal parenchyma adjacent to the kidney pelvis and often these cysts come from the nephron. Lymph vessel cysts may come from the lymphatic vessels and the cysts are always related to urinary obstruction or nephroliphiasis. This type of cyst are multiple generally.
Symptoms and Complications
Parapelvic cysts usually shows no symptoms or complications. And many people live with these cysts without realizing them. Even though some symptoms come to light, they may also be belittled. This is because most symptoms and complications are common to see in daily life.
If you have more than two of the following symptoms, you are suggested to consult your doctor as soon as possible.
- high blood pressure
- back pain, side pain, flank pain
- Urinary Tract Obstruction
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Kidney Stones
- Blood in urine (Hematuria)
- Protein in urine (Proteinuria)
- Poor sleep
- Nausea, Vomiting
If you have family history of kidney cyst or Polycystic Kidney Disease, you are at high risk to develop parapelvic cyst.
Treatment for parapelvic cyst aims at alleviation of symptoms and cyst itself.
- Steroids. Steroids medicines are commonly used in managing the symptoms of kidney disease. This therapy helps control the high blood pressure and reduce the protein loss in urine. But it also shows various side effects. So this therapy is usually combined with natural therapy, such as Acupuncture and Medicated Bath, to offset the adverse side effects.
- Antibiotics. Antibiotics are utilized to deal with the repeated infections, such as urinary tract infection.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine. Chinese herbal medicine helps reduce the cysts on kidney. Some herbs have the ability to contract the cyst and press the cyst fluids out of the body naturally. It is applied in clinic for more than 20 years and shows a promising future in shrinking Kidney Cyst.
- Diet and exercise. Besides medical therapy, lifestyle changes also play an important role in managing parapelvic cysts. You are encouraged to take low salt and low protein diet. And a 30-min mild exercise will be a good choice.
If you happen to be a person with parapelvic cyst, you are suggested to leave you own problems below. We are glad to attend to you later on.