High creatinine level may be a sign of kidney disease function decline. Usually, when your creatinine level has increased, around 50% of kidney functions are damaged. Diet management help lower the high creatinine levels and delay the progression to Kidney Failure. The Following are some general dietary suggestions. If you want to know what to eat and avoid for yourself, consult the doctor online directly or email to email@example.com.
You are suggested to take more fruits and vegetable and avoid the foods that high in creatinine. Not all fruits and vegetables are good choice, you are suggested to eat more of the following foods:
- Cabbage, Cucumber, Omega3-rich foods, Raw onions, Turnip, Garlic, Radishes, Cauliflower, Lettuce, Carrots, Oat bran, Tofu, Soy milk, Sprouts
The foods that are rich in creatinine, include meat, rich protein foods,animal organs etc. You are suggested to eat less of the following foods:
- Butter, Red meats, White bread, Sweets, Diary, White flour, Caffein-containing drinks - tea, coffee
- Beer, Wine
Diet Plan Suggestions
- You need to keep your protein levels in check in order to keep your kidneys healthy from the inside.
- You may need to take calcium supplements to prevent bone disease, and vitamin D to control the balance of calcium and phosphorous in your body. Ask your doctor, nurse, or dietitian.
- In the early stages of chronic kidney disease, you do not need to limit how much fluid you drink. As your kidney disease becomes worse or when you are on dialysis, you will need to watch how much liquid you drink. In between dialysis sessions, fluid can build up in the body. Too much fluid will lead to shortness of breath, an emergency that needs immediate medical attention.
- Do not use salt when cooking and take the salt shaker away from the table. Most other herbs are safe, and you can use them to flavor your food instead of salt. You may interest in: How to Lower Salt Foods in Kidney Disease Diet
Diet plan plays an important role in control high creatinine levels. However, the diet plan for you should be different from other. Only the personalized diet management can help take the greatest effects.