Garlic helps flavor your food delicious and it is also a good choice for most case with Kidney Disease.
Kidneys work to filter out the waste and extra water, and remove the toxins from the body in the form of urine. In addition, kidneys help maintain a balance of electrolytes and other fluids in our body.
When kidneys become diseased, they will be difficult to function well. This will lead to Kidney Failure in some severe cases.
Thereby, patients with Kidney Disease is suggested to follow a special diet and avoid the foods which may worsen the kidney damage. Is garlic a good choice for kidney disease patient?
Garlic And Kidney Disease
Generally speaking, garlic is beneficial for most cases with kidney disease.
- it helps improve immune system. As we know that more than 95% of kidney diseases are related to immune system and this is why kidney disease usually reoccur after cold or infection. Garlic consumption helps boost immune system and prevent the relapse of kidney problem.
- Delay the development of Kidney Disease. Garlic is a good resource of antioxidants which help eliminate damaging particles known as free radicals that may contribute to the development of these medical conditions.
- Lower high blood pressure. As kidney disease develops, it may cause high blood pressure. Garlic may effect modest reduction of blood pressure.
- It works as diuretic. Garlic is natural diuretic which help eliminate salt or sodium and water from your body by forcing your kidneys to put more sodium into your urine.
- It prevents further kidney damage. Garlic may shield the kidneys from the potentially harmful effects of heavy metals such as cadmium and lead.
However, not all cases goes for the use of garlic. In some cases of kidney disease, garlic may cause side effects, such as muscle aches, dizziness, loss of appetite and fatigue etc.
Thereby, if you happen to be a person with Kidney Disease, you are suggested to leave a message below and we are glad to guide you find whether you are a candidate to garlic use.