In Chronic Kidney Disease, the kidneys are unable to remove the waste material from the body. Hence avoiding further damage becomes urgently necessary. People with CKD are advised to eat proper foods. Are walnuts OK to eat for kidney patients?
Firstly, let's have a look at the nutritions contained in Walnuts.
* They are an excellent source of proteins. A 1-oz. serving of them -- approximately one handful -- contains 4 g of protein.
* They supply omega-3 fatty acids, which are health fats that can encourage the health of the heart and also reduces inflammation.
* They contain fiber, which helps reduce LDL, or "bad" cholesterol, and protect against heart disease and some types of cancer.
* They are also very rich sources of minerals like potassium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, copper and manganese.
* These nuts are helpful in easing constipation due to their laxative effects.
From the above information, we can see that CKD patients can eat walnuts for better health. However, people with elevated potassium and phosphorus levels should limit or avoid them. You can chat with our online doctor for the proper amount of walnuts in your disease condition!
Besides, foods that help in CKD treatment also include:
Cucumber. It helps in removing toxins from the body and is very good for the kidney.
Garlic. It really help when someone has a kidney infection.
Apples. They has been known to reduce cholesterol, prevent constipation, protect against heart disease and reduce the risk of cancer.
Cauliflower. It is high in vitamin C and a good source of folate and fiber.
Eating right is very essential for people with CKD. If you sill have any question, feel free to leave a message in the below or Email us at email@example.com.