As condition progresses to stage 3, patients can feel better and have healthier outcomes if they follow a reasonable stage 3 chronic kidney disease diet plan. Patients with stage 3 chronic kidney disease have moderate kidney damage, their glomerular filtration rate is 30 to 60 mL per minute.
The stage 3 chronic kidney disease diet plan may recommend:
* A diet that is low in saturated fat and cholesterol and moderate in total fats, especially if cholesterol is high or if patients with stags 3 chronic kidney disease have heart disease or Diabetes.
* Keeping protein intake within the DRI level recommended for healthy people with attention to high quality protein.
* Limiting calcium if blood levels are above normal.
* Limiting phosphorus if blood phosphorus levels or PTH are above normal.
* Limiting intake of refined and processed foods high in sodium and prepare foods with less salt or high sodium ingredients.
* Consuming the DRI for the water soluble vitamin B complex and C.
* Vitamin D and iron may be tailored to individual requirements.
* Potassium is usually not restricted unless blood levels are above normal.
* Including a variety of grains, fruits and vegetables, but whole grains and some fruits and vegetables may be limited if blood tests show potassium or phosphorus levels are above normal.
* Aiming fir a healthy weight by consuming adequate calories and including physical activity each day.
Though the stage 3 chronic kidney disease diet pain can help patients control the disease to some extent, what patients with stage 3 want most is to avoid Chronic Kidney Disease and improve the quality of life. So the kidney damage needs repairing and kidney function needs improving. Also the primary disease needs controlling well.Tell us what is your primary disease causing your kidney damage. You are welcomed to leave us a message if the stage 3 chronic kidney disease diet plan mentioned above does not include what you want.