Viber/Whatsapp:+8615512139310 Email: | Sitemap | RSS

Kidney Service China has always thrived on word of mouth. Our patients are our best advocates. read more

Whether you're a kidney disease patient or a doctor, we look forward to your more

Type your question and click GO. See the tips from experts for your own conditions. read more

What does each kidney disease treatment feel like? Find the best answer here.

Clean, quiet and well-equipped ward is always the best choice for patient.

Want more details about treatment efficiency and service quality? Read their stories!

Worried about inpatient life in an oversea hospital? Click here and find the truth!

Ask a Question:

Font Size A A A Home > For Patient > Ask a Question >

Is It Serious for PKD Patient with Creatinine 13.5

Posted: by Dr.Zhao      Time: 2014-07-05 10:23

Topics: PKD Creatinine

Details: I am 65 years old, and now my creatinine level has risen to 13.5 mg/dl. My doctor told me that it was attributed to PKD. Is it one serious sign?

Expert Answer

Polycystic Kidney Disease is one genetic kidney disorder in which numerous kidney cysts develop in both kidneys. Even though kidney cysts usually grow slowly, most of patients who have PKD will develop kidney failure by age 60. Since you are 65 years old, your kidneys must have been damaged seriously by enlarged kidney cysts. As a result, your creatinine level increases.

Creatinine 13.5 indicates your kidneys fail to work, and it is far higher from the normal value. If left uncontrolled, it will be life-threatening, because high concentration of creatinine and other waste products will cause damage to kidneys and many other organs like heart. In fact, most of PKD patients who die of kidney failure is due to kidney failure complications.

In this case, to avoid life-threatening problems, patients should try their best to lower their high creatinine level, shrink their kidney cysts and improve their kidney function. If you still haven’t found effective treatments to achieve these therapeutic effects, you can contact us directly.

Related Questions & Answers